Athlete Meeting: If you were unable to participate in the Athlete Meeting, please view it here: Watch the Meeting Here.
Access the meeting PPT handout here.
The race committee is working very hard to make sure the event is as safe as possible. If you decide to race Flatlands please know it will look a little different this year in the ways listed below:
- We request each athlete only bring one to two guests (We actually prefer one.). Those in the high-risk category for the virus are strongly advised to not attend at all.
- Teams will be asked to bring only one coach for every 15 athletes.
- In alignment with CDC recommendations:
- Everyone must maintain social/physical distancing outlined by the CDC.
- Masks are recommended for both spectators and athletes. Athletes will be required to wear a mask in Transition and near the Swim start, but not during competition.
- Importantly, if you are experiencing symptoms or have been exposed, please do not attend the event.
- These precautions are not only for the safety and health of the athletes, but everyone (spectators, volunteers, city staff, officials and race staff) in attendance as well.
- Teams will be responsible for planning their team camp areas to accommodate distancing expectations that meet CDC guidelines including the availability of hand sanitizer, masks, etc. These items will not be provided by the race.
- We are also requesting athletes limit their time at the event. Please consider leaving immediately upon the completion of your race. Additionally, there will be no in-person awards ceremony, all award will be sent out to individuals.
- All Finish Line and Medical Tent volunteers will be masked and gloved for the safety of themselves and the athletes.
- Packet pickup will not occur this year, rather all packets will be provided to coaches to distribute. Unattached athletes will be able to have on person pick up their packet. There will be more information on this will come later.
- There will only be bottled water at aid stations on the run, no cups. Any Finish Line fluids or food will be individually packaged and given to athletes as they exit the area.
It is an unusual year and we are working hard with local government and support services to make a safe and enjoyable race for everyone as much as possible. More updates will be provided as we continue to finalize plans.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation and we look forward to seeing you in Iowa!
PS – Coaches please make sure you share this email with your athletes and their parents. In many cases, parents inserted their child’s email address so it may not arrive to someone who is consistently checking emails.
Flatland Cup Triathlon
The USAT Flatland Youth Elite and Junior Elite Cup will be sanctioned by USA Triathlon.
USA Triathlon member: All athletes must be members of USAT to compete in any of the races. If you do not have an annual USAT membership, you must purchase a one-day USAT membership for $15 (which will be charged when registering).
Transfers: No race transfers are allowed. On-site packet pickup will require photo proof of identity (driver’s license, passport, etc.). Participants who swap or sell their race number will not be allowed to race.
Refunds for the Youth/Junior Event: There will be no refunds for scratches within 59 days of an event. A refund of 50% will be provided for scratches requested prior to 59 days.
No credits or refunds will be given if the race is cancelled or the timing or date of the event is altered for reasons outside the control of the race organizers or if the race course is changed due to poor weather.